Tuesday Pickleball on Tuesday's from 4:00-6:00 pm for Youth is now once again, OPEN GYM time.
Click here to edit text
Just a reminder that the Sterling Community Center will be closed on Thursday, January 1, 2015
We will re-open on Friday, January 2nd from 12 noon till 4:00 pm
Thank you for all of your support and participation this past year..
Click here to edit text
Can You Help Us Out?
Here are some of the projects that still need to be done at the Sterling Community Center. Now that summer is gone, you may have some extra time to volunteer here at the SC Center. We would greatly appreciate any help you can offer! Call the Sterling Community Center at 262-7224 if you can help. Thanks!
(Note: This is our complete "to do" list, including some jobs that will need to wait until next summer.)
- Empty & move storage shed, dirt work needs to be done at new location before moving
- Hockey rink equipment room door installation needs completed
- LED road sign needs checked out and programmed
- Projection screen and projector need installed in gym
- New push button facility access door knobs need programmed and installed
- Relief valves need changing on the boilers
- Hockey rink asphalt cracks need repaired
- Hockey rink equipment room water piping needs piped to outside of room
- Bollards around septic tank need pipe wrap welded to piling
- Shower panels need installed
- Shower handicap seats need installed
- Locker room counter tops need front solid surface trim installed
- Locker room base molding needs completed
- FRP needs installed around kitchen steam table and a quartz shelf installed
- Woman’s bathroom stall panel needs changed out
- Banners need put up and some need moved in gym
- Post office roof, doors, windows, skirting and painting
- School house crawl space vents & foundation waterproof fabric and metal need work
- School house gas piping needs tied to the new piping
- Wire fencing and piping needs removed around baseball field
- Baseball field playground area needs leveled out
- Pavilion needs moved and playground equipment installed
- Parking lot areas need bad soils removed and good material placed
- Two gym wall pads need moved from the south to north wall
- Locker room thermostat needs moved
- All exterior doors need rekeyed except the front door
- Cracked windows need replaced
- Hockey rink warm-up room needs floor pads installed
- Hockey rink equipment room door needs to be installed correctly
PICKLE BALL COMES TO STERLING!
Pickleball is sweeping the nation and the SC Center now offers this fun, low impact, addictive game two times a week. What is Pickleball? It's like tennis but with a large ping pong paddle and whiffle ball. The court is much smaller and you play the game with two people per team. This game is all the rage in the lower 48. Newbies welcome; watch this video and see what its all about! (See the Calendar for dates and times.)